By way of introduction
My professional background is in magazine journalism and public relations. I have been a full-time college professor since 1990, and I currently chair the Department of African-American Studies at The College of New Jersey.. However, my appointment is in the English department, and my teaching is in the journalism/professional writing major and interactive multimedia majors. I currently teach courses on news games, social media, and race, gender and the news. I will be piloting a course on health and environmental journalism in the fall related to my current research project. A more detailed biography is here. My TCNJ website has information about my courses and student work. You can also check out a bibliography of my published research and journalism.
- I was a college newspaper adviser, too
- Found in the archives: A 1997 chat with Ed Bullins
- Story idea: How well do municipal online tax collection websites work?
- Inaugurations, Civil Rights Anniversaries and Newsroom Diversity: A Reflection
- As we change journalism education, we need to study journalism learners
Please fill out this form to get regular updates on this site.
Thank you for your interest. Please relay any questions or concerns to kimATkimpearsonDOTnet